I just finished a very good workout: 30 minutes walking on my treadmill while reading my Bible and praying, about 15 minutes of weight training, and finishing of with 40 minutes of total body stretching. It was great! I don’t get to do all of this during the week right now, so I really enjoyed it. I know my body will benefit. I gained 10 pounds since my surgery. Now that I’m back to exercising and eating right, I hope to get that off quickly and resume my trek to my ideal weight. As soon as I finish the radiation therapy, I’ll be able to add 20 minutes of weight training and the 40 minutes of stretching to my morning walk and still get to work on time. That should help the “post-surgery pounds” come off faster.
Speaking of when I finish the radiation therapy, I didn’t get a treatment on Thursday because the computer was down. That treatment will be added to the end, so I am now scheduled to finish on April 16th. The four treatments I did have this week went smoothly. The aloe vera gel seems to be working well to prevent skin irritation, but the real test is yet to come. The real test is also yet to come for the fatigue factor. Right now, I’m a little bit tired, but nothing serious. I’ve been making it through a full work day just fine (often yawning most of the way home). 🙂
1. I serve a big God. He can do whatever He wants, however He chooses to do it. Please pray that His will is done. This request takes precedence over all other requests.
2. Please also pray that God will continue to demonstrate His love to James and Liz, that they will feel His presence and His strength, that He will remove James’ pain, that James will be able to retain the food he eats, that the treament James undergoes will be successful, that James and Liz will know without a shadow of doubt that God will take care of them in this life and in the next, that God’s glory will be shown in them as they go with God through this valley they are in.
3. Please pray that:
- I will draw closer to God as a result of my walk with Him through this time.
- God will continue to guide me in what I say and do and show His glory through me.
- He will bless my doctors, radiation therapists, nurse, and all of the others who have been and will be part of the medical team through whom God has chosen to work.
- I will continue to experience nothing more than minor skin redness and minor tiredness through this time of radiation therapy and that there will be no other negative side effects.
Thank you for your prayers, cards, comments, and emails. I have saved them all. They are greatly appreciated.
I love you. More importantly, God loves you. He loved you so much He sent His Son to die for you. Don’t you ever forget that!!
Have a truly blessed week!