It’s hard to believe it was 30 days ago that I had my surgery. My mother used to tell me that “time flies when you’re having fun.” Hmmm. I don’t think I’d classify having surgery as fun, but time has still flown! I am doing very well. I have resumed my exercise program, including a bit of weight training with my new little home gym.
My radiation planning session is scheduled for Monday afternoon. My first treatment will probably be on Thursday, March 1st. I don’t know what time that will be. I asked for a slot before 8:00 so I could perhaps get to work on time, or at least not be very late. Hopefully, I’ll get it scheduled Monday. If I get the slot I want, I get to keep it for the duration of my treatments. Otherwise, I can switch when a better time becomes available.
My prayer requests are:
1. That God’s will is done in all things.
2. That I will continue to feel and recognize God’s sustaining grace during the treatments and the recovery time.
3. That the radiation planning team will develop the correct plan for my treatment.
4. That the people operating the machines will do so accurately and precisely.
5. That God will give Dr. Eyhre and the rest of the team the skills, knowledge, and abilities they need to administer the treatments properly.
6. That God will protect the normal cells in my body from the radiation.
7. That any cancer cells in my body will die quickly.
8. That I will experience no skin irritation or fatigue.
Thank you all very much for praying for me. It is the best thing you could possibly do for me.